Sunday, August 4, 2013

Weight Watchers Smart Ones Macaroni and Cheese

On a diet... sigh.... it's tough to find a way to fit mac and cheese on my diet, and I've tried the Lean Cuisine with no luck. Weight Watchers makes a good Chicken Fettuccine so I thought perhaps I'd get lucky with....

Review: Sigh.... nope not that good. It's strange.. it has the consistency of a good mac and cheese, but there's zero flavor to it. Very odd, I get the feeling like it should be good due to the texture but it's not. Although that's not the only problem with this entree. It's also a bummer because there is only 2G of fat and only 260 calories in the entire box. That's about 1/8 of the amount of a Stouffer's. I did find another boxed Mac that was slightly healthier than the rest and tasted much better, that review is to come.
Cheese: It's somewhat there but very faint. It's somewhat pasty, but still edible.
Pasta: The only redeeming factor for the dish. It's a large soft tubular macaroni. It's odd that they went finest quality on the pasta, when it is the least healthy part of the dish.
7 minute test: It failed miserably. Did not stay warm, turned way too thick way too quickly. If it sat any longer it may have thickened into one large piece.
Aftertaste: Sour and bad. I tried adding other flavor enhancers and it didnt help it either. It was sour and stuck around until I had to brush my teeth
Advice: It's not worth even trying to do the Stouffer's trick of overcooking to burn a cheese crust. There isn't enough sauce in the dish to boil and brown.
Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment