Monday, December 26, 2011

Elephant Bar Mac and Cheese

Review: This is a very good mac to have. It's definitely not a meal, but makes a great appetizer. Its flavor is very unique which I am trying to emulate in my Macs I make. It's hard to tell what kind of cheese is in it. I havent asked yet, I will update that part when I find out. The pasta seems like a split open macaroni and is very interesting. The consistency is smooth but the pasta can tend to get mushy at times. However, it is still very good. I order it every time I go as does my friend Mike. It is definately something to try out. And yes, the croutons are a nice touch.


Aftertaste: It does not linger, but does want you asking for more. It is very tasty but it is good that they only give you a small amount as you could fill up very quickly eating it.

7 minute test: It can thicken up quite a bit and it actually changes depending on when you get it. It seems like sometimes when it's busy or slow, it'll be more oily or creamy. Likely due to how quickly they have to get it out and how busy they are. Either way, usually in the end it's worth a reheat, however since it is an appetizer, it is usually gone by then.

Advice: It complements most meals as an appetizer, although you should still be aware of what you order with it. It works great with a cheeseburger or chicken sandwich, but one time I got an Asian dish with it and it didnt transition well.

Score: 8.5 Like I said, I get it everytime I go and it makes a great dish to have before a Smokehouse Chicken sandwich or a Burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment