Thursday, February 7, 2013

Whole Foods Mac and Cheese (Hot Food Deli)

I was in Sacramento at whole foods picking up some produce and, as I do in all places, check for Mac and Cheese. I was pleased to see they had it in their hot food deli so i grabbed a box... or should I say, 110% Recycled Organic Vegetable Paper "Box."

Review: It was actually quite tasty. it seemed to have a lot of onion and garlic in it, which made it a bit hard to pick around, but other than that I was very satisfied. Since it was whole foods, I knew I wasn't going to get a bunch of preservatives and additives in the food, so the mental effect of that helped too strangely.
Cheese: It was a white oil-based cheese. Slightly stringy. Hard to pinpoint exactlt what it was but it seemed like a mix of cheddar and swiss. Cheddar from the oil and texture, and swiss from the sharpness.
Pasta: The pasta was a large tubed macaroni and was a little overcooked. It's really easy to overcook large tubed pasta though as it is primarily pretty thin.
Aftertaste: Sometimes swiss cheese gives a bad breath aftertaste, and it did a bit, but nothing to denote the overall dish
7-Minute Test: I took my time eating it and although it was not piping hot when served, it was still good at room temperature, which is quite pleasing.
Rating: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment